Monday, January 08, 2007

Crayon painting





There has been a request to view my crayon paintings a la Traci so here they are. These are my crayon experiments. I really like melting the crayons. I don't have a true encaustic iron, but I don't think that matters. My next experiment will be melting lipsticks. I know that somehow they will be able to be used in this sort of technique. After all they are made of wax and pigment.
The pictures are as follows--the 2 muted papers are wax on cardstock. I tried stamping on the surface of one but did not like how the image was not sharp. The more vivid picture is wax on glossy cardstock and the crayon her is a bit thick. There is also some true encaustic wax mixed with the crayon. The artwork that is stamped with staz-on black and the more muted one was stamped with another ink which I don't recall now what I used. This paper is glossy. I had more samples of artwork but it turns out they were given out without photographing.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I like the faded look of the stamp it looks so old and worn great look. Lipstick, what a great idea. I have quite a few but never where them.. I use a lot of make in my art since I don't wear it anymore, eyeshadows make lovely colors..