Thursday, February 15, 2007

ICE charm


This is the first part of a multiple entry. What I am posting here is a picture of the charms I sent for the swap hosted by Amber Dawn. This was a learning experience as I chose to try new techniques. I made glass domes which did not photo well. I put two glass marbles back to back. One side has a word chosen out of the yellow pages and the other magnifies a musical note cut out from Amanda's cello sheetmusic. I want and need to practice soldering. I bought a Weller 100 in the hopes that I could improve on this skill. The blue charm is a glass round bead. I made a seed-bead fringe all the way around the bead. This for me was a no brainer and I can crank several in a sitting. The third was a bit creative in the design of the charm. I found these little wooden spools in my stash and wanted to use them. We were not to use fibers so I taught myself a simple peyote stitch to mimic thread using seed beads. I really liked doing this stitch. I will be practicing it more in the future.
What for me was a plus is that all the supplies for these charms came from my stash. I did not make a dent in my supplies. To date, I have not received my charms from this swap. I will more than likely make a necklace rather than a bracelet once I get my charms. So more will follow on this topic.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Hello Raquel.
You work is really good, the little fabric books are great, the crazy quilting beautiful.. I like all your charms, the spool ones are really cute very inventive..
I'll be back to visit.. Thanks for sharing.. Dianne